Go to binder
Macchi di Cellere Gangemi has consolidated experience in the research and exploitation of oil and gas, their exploration and production concessions, electricity from traditional and renewable sources, transportation, distribution and storage of natural gas. The activity of the Firm includes both the administrative procedures for obtaining permits and authorisations and contracts on related activities, including the structuring of non-recourse financing for energy projects. The energy department operates in the offices of Rome and Milan in close contact with other professionals of the Firm, especially from the financial department.
Electricity – The Firm has been dealing for about twenty years with projects related to combined-cycle electric power plants using conventional sources such as natural gas, coal and fuel oil. In the early nineties the Firm was among the first to work on projects developed in the context of the liberalisation of the electricity sector in Italy. In this context, the Firm has been involved in permit procedures, contracts and financing of cogeneration or biomass plants that benefited from the incentives provided by CIP 6 rules.
Oil & Gas – The professionals of the Firm have extensive experience in the field of obtaining authorisations for exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons, operating contracts between co-owners and contracts for research and production of liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons, and concessions for the distribution of natural gas. In particular, the Firm has worked on projects for the construction of regasification terminals, pipelines and gas pipelines, biogas production facilities and projects for the storage of natural gas. The Firm also deals with litigation before the Authority for Electricity and Gas concerning the import of natural gas and access to the national distribution network.
Renewable Sources – The Firm has been active for years in the development of projects that use renewable sources, particularly wind farms, photovoltaic plants and solar thermal plants. In this framework, the Firm handles all authorisation procedures relating to these initiatives, the drafting and negotiation of EPC, O&M and BOP contracts, contracts concerning the acquisition of land and real rights for the implementation of initiatives and the funding of related projects. The Firm has extensive experience in drafting contracts for the purchase or sale of projects in the renewable energy sector and related due diligence. Our professionals also provide advice on procedures and criteria for obtaining facilities and incentives to produce energy from renewable sources.
Energy Efficiency – Macchi di Cellere Gangemi has developed specific competencies in the new practice of energy efficiency law, offering consultancy to primary companies operating in the field, with particular reference to the contracts associated thereto.
The assistance offered in the development of ESCO includes:
· Correct planning of the operation from a technical-legal point of view;
· Assistance in the procedure for the connection to the grid of eventual electricity production plants manage relations with the manager of the grid;
· Initiation of negotiations for agreements to obtain incentives;
· Management energy efficiency qualifications;
· Start and supervision for the contracts to access the electric market (regulation of the technical – economic exchange of electricity with the electric grid);
· Preparation of the contractual documents for the contracts of energy output, supply of equipment functional for energy output, or energy services;
· Support on the legal and tax profiles;
· Preliminary due diligence (administrative, contractual and corporate) for the execution of investments in the energy efficiency field;
· Assistance with the preparation of bids for the public administrations;
· Assistance with the participation to public tenders.
The Services of energy accounting is made up of the following activities:
· Analysis of the market trend and update of the contracts and their parameters;
· On-going service of “energy accountant”: responsible for contractual and commercial relations;
· Fulfillment of recurring ordinal and fiscal matters (GSE, AEEG).
The service in relation to sources of investment collateral securities coverage is made up of the following activities:
· Identification of the technical forms of investment collateral securities, such as financial lease, project financing, financing through third parties, and public factoring;
· Assistance with the preparation of the informative and pre-contractual documents aimed at finding financial subjects;
· Consultancy and assistance in the preparation and negotiation of the financial documents and guarantees.
Development Projects and Construction of Thermal Power Plants – The activity of the Firm includes legal assistance related to the construction, operation and maintenance of power plants, including the supply and distribution of electricity, as well as the supervision of every aspect concerning the implementation of the project (obtaining permits, environmental issues, interconnection, financing).
Trading of Electricity and Green Certificates – The Firm has recognised experience in the marketing of electricity, Green Certificates and derivative products involving these goods, as well as the procedures for import and export of electricity within and outside the EU. The Firm’s professionals have relationships with the various official agencies such as the Authority for Electricity and Gas, the GSE and GME and Terna.