Macchi di Cellere Gangemi offers consulting services and assistance to domestic and foreign clients relating to the development of environmental investments (plants producing electricity from renewable sources, waste disposal, sewage treatment plants), as well as in administrative procedures and contracts for the remediation of contaminated sites and emissions generated by industrial plants. Our professionals work in close collaboration with other departments of the Firm assisting our clients in due diligence processes for acquisitions or financing.
- Authorisation procedures – The Firm has significant experience in interactions with public administrations and can assist clients in all stages of administrative procedures in order to provide them with the necessary information to evaluate the suitability of the location of the projects, identify the most expeditious procedures and file the most appropriate applications.
- Environmental assessment procedures – Numerous clients have requested the assistance of our professionals on issues related to procedures for environmental impact assessment of projects, in particular in regard to waste disposal, air emissions, wastewater discharge and environmental protection.
- Project Contracts – The Firm has extensive experience in drawing up contracts for the construction and management of environmental plants, assisting the owners of the projects, the lending institutions and contractors. The specific experience gained in this field also enables our professionals to understand the main technical risks and to draw up contractual clauses to mitigate such risks.
- Joint ventures and acquisitions – The Firm has gained extensive experience in structuring joint ventures in the environmental area for projects development and construction activities by associated contractors. The Firm has also assisted in major acquisitions of companies operating in the environmental sector, where due diligence activities are accompanied by specific advice in risk assessment and risk mitigation through specific contractual formulations.
- Clean-up – The Firm has assisted in clean-up procedures of local and national interest with competent local authorities and the Ministry of the Environment. Our professional have advised national and international companies, dealing with government authorities, both in arranging all contract documentation concerning the decontamination procedures, including indemnification agreements, contracts for the performance of the clean-up and arrangements of guarantee coverage.
- Waste disposal and/or transport contracts– The Firm has extensive experience in drawing-up contracts for waste disposal services, including long-term, both for producers and disposers of waste, and is able to offer advice on authorisation and pricing implications (when waste disposal is accompanied by production of electricity) related to the disposal of each category of waste (raw materials and byproducts) by suggesting the appropriate regulation for the supply in contractual and procedural terms.
- Assistance before administrative and civil courts – The Firm represents clients in all proceedings before administrative and civil courts and arbitral tribunals in environmental matters, including suits for environmental damage and appeals of denials and revocations of administrative measures.