He joined the Firm in 2001. Assistance and consultancy to Italian and foreign companies and to multinational groups acting in the financial, health, insurance, energy and tobacco industry and in general in commercial and industrial sectors. In particular and amongst others:
- Assistance in company reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, drafting and negotiating of SPA, shareholders’ agreements, etc.; in such framework he has organised and he took part to due diligence and internal audits for primary italian and multinational groups;
- Assistance in the internationalization process of enterprises and in the drafting and negotiation of international commercial agreements in general;
- Advice and assistance to procedures of extraordinary administration of large enterprises pursuant to legislative decree no. 47 dated 23 December 2003, converted into law no. 39 dated 18 February 2004;
- Advice and assistance in matters of financial law, regarding the implementation of laws and regulations by the competent authorities to Italian and financial intermediaries; in securitization transactions pursuant to law no. 130/99 and subsequent amendments;
- Advice and assistance to insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries operating in Italy (EU and non-EU), in the reorganization of international reinsurance groups active in Italy to Italian and foreign intermediaries acting in Italy, with reference to the enrollment in the register of insurance intermediaries, in the drafting and negotiation of bancassurance contracts; with reference to claims; transfer of insurance portfolios, in the day-by-day activities of insurance companies and intermediaries. He is often involved in the pre-litigation phase of major claims.
Law Degree at the University of Rome, “La Sapienza” in 1993.
LEGAL 500 – 2016
Macchi di Cellere Gangemi’s ‘client-oriented team’ included assisting EDP Renewables Italia with the acquisition of WinCap, the owner of a wind farm development project. Rome-based Ernesto Pucci is recommended.
IFLR 1000 – 2014
On the corporate side of the practice, the insurance focused Ernesto Pucci makes up the senior team, which has acted on a number of corporate reorganisations in the last 12 months.
Admitted to Italian bar in 1997. Member of the Rome Bar. AIDA (Association for International Insurance Law); IBA (International Bar Association) – currently Vice Chair of the Insurance Committee. He is Research fellow in Insurance Law at the Faculty of Economics and Commerce, University of Rome “La Sapienza” (2007/2008 – 2017/2018). He has been research fellow in Private Law at the Faculty of Economics and Commerce (2008/2009-2011/2012), and in History of Roman Law Faculty of law (1993-1994), at the University of Rome, “La Sapienza”.
Languages: English, Italian, French, Spanish