Go to binder
Macchi di Cellere Gangemi is one of the most active law firms in the field of banking and finance law. The Firm’s professionals, who are located in the offices of Rome, Milan and Bologna, are engaged in all areas of banking, structured finance and banking, financial and investment regulations.
• Activities and services in investment, banking and financial regulation – The Firm assists Italian and international clients in the establishment and authorisation of supervised intermediaries, branches or subsidiaries of EU and non-EU banks, non-bank financial intermediaries (including leasing, factoring and money transfers companies and corporate entities for loan securitisation and investment firms). The Firm has advised buyers and sellers of major holdings in supervised entities, such as Italian banking groups and brokers in the securities market or related companies’ branches on the respective regulatory issues. In addition, the Firm provides support to banks, asset management and investment firms, both Italian and foreign, in interacting with the Supervisory Authorities concerning banking, financial and investment services.
• Investment Funds – The Firm’s experience also extends to the promotion and establishment of harmonised, private and speculative investment funds in securities, real estate and loans. Macchi di Cellere Gangemi assists its clientele in offering fund units and other harmonised UCITS in Italy.
• Debt Restructuring – Due to the current crisis of international finance and the real economy, our professionals are involved in significant debt restructuring and consolidation transactions (frequently associated with investing in funds to be restructured by specialised funds), as well as in the restructuring of securitisation transactions.
• Banking and Structured Finance Law – The Firm assists its clients on a variety of issues related to the provision of funding. The experience of Macchi di Cellere Gangemi ranges from drafting contracts for company funding (bilateral or syndicated loans and related collateral and guarantees, commercial and export loans, leasing and factoring) to more complex operations, such as acquisition financing (LBOs, MBOs, OPA financing), real estate finance, project finance, sale and leaseback.
• Structured Finance – The core business of Macchi di Cellere Gangemi is to assist its clientele in structuring and negotiating complex structured finance transactions, providing sophisticated and multi-disciplinary services by creating working groups made up of professionals who are engaged in the various fields of expertise of the Firm. Professionals at the Firm lend support in various roles in operations for receivables finance, repackaging and securitisation of receivables, both synthetic and cash flow, for numerous types of assets (such as trade receivables, CMBS, health care receivables, WBS, NPL securitisation). Our professionals have been involved in some of the most innovative market transactions in recent years (such as the first multi-borrower CMBS transaction in Italy).